Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Crock Pot Salsa Chicken

I read about this recipe at Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour.  Cara always has the best recipes and I loved her suggestion of using a crock pot lining for easy clean-up.  Without further ado...

Ingredients:
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup salsa
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 cup sour cream

Directions:
Place chicken, soup and salsa in the crock pot.  Pour taco seasoning on top.  Cook on low for 6 hours (or on high for 2 - 2 1/2 hours).  Pull the chicken out and shred, then return to the crock pot.  Stir in sour cream and heat until ingredients are combined.  You can serve over rice or in flour tortillas.  Enjoy!

This recipe was so easy to make.  All 3 of us loved it.  Josh does not like sour cream so I took some out from the crock pot before I added the sour cream for him.  We ate it over rice and Carter thinks it is just like Chipolte.  He actually was excited to eat it as leftovers the next evening.

This one is a keeper!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yum! Sounds good, I am putting this on my menu plan this week, thanks!
http://lifeofamodernmom.blogspot.com/2010/06/menu-monday.html